Random Ranting

I have never been so busy and worked so hard for such little pay, haha. Just had to get that out there. I'm working a full and part time job right now. Things should be looking up in that department by January, but until then I'm financially uncomfortable. I miss the days of being able to go buy new clothes every month. Or just spend $50 at Target on meaningless junk. So most would say, start looking for a new job, go back into Sales, you'll make more money, like you used to. 
Here are my reasons why I'm sticking with what I've got, at least for a while... My day job allows me freedom, I don't mind the work, it's not very stressful, my boss is understanding when it comes to taking time off to be with Dexter. My Part time job marketing for the yoga center is what is adding to my busy, hard work schedule. We have been open almost three weeks. Things are going very well. But, a lot of is asked of me, there is a lot to do, and a lot of pressure to make things work. Sure I get free yoga, but while I'm there practicing, it's really hard not to think of things I need to get done. Defeating the purpose of yoga for destressing. We'll see what happens with my situation. I'm a very committed person who doesn't like change, so it's hard for me to quit or change jobs.
 
Here I am blogging when there is GIANT "to do" list sitting next to me. 
Damn it. 
 
I'd also like to note that Dexter was sick with a bad cold last week. We took him to the doc and he had a double ear infection. It was sad. He's feeling much better now. That brings me to my next rant... Sleep
Holy crap I miss sleeping. With teething, being sick and whatever else it seems like he hasn't sleep a whole week through the night since he was about 4 months old. This causing a lot of late night, delirious arguments between Justin and I. Some terrible things are said at 4am. When Momma works too getting up during the night is a responsibility that MUST be shared.
Ok, so one more thing... I'm working on planning Dexter's FIRST birthday party! Whohooo.




2 comments:

Moon & Little said...

Hang in there! Sleep will get better as he gets older. You are a strong mama to work both those jobs! and come home & take care of that cute baby, comfort him, & probably give more than you ever knew you could!

Isn't being a mom the best?

I enjoy reading your blog! xoox

Jeanie

lauren ♥ said...

lynn, it's totally okay to rant and complain every now and then. thanks for your nice comment on my last post. and yeah, about the whole being lauren and not mommy thing... i don't even know what that means... it's been over 14 years since i felt like that, haha!

i hope dexter gets back to sleeping better for you. i am still envious that he was such a great sleeper for you guys, so i hope he keeps it up. i am working on saturdays until christmas, but i was sure to let her know that i cannot work on the 4th so that we can come to the party! yay! <3