Today was my last day as the Marketing Physician Liaison at The Neurological Institute. I've been with the company for 2 1/2 years. I knew for a while that I had to find a new job, but I kept putting it off. First I wanted to have the baby first, then I wanted to wait til he was 6 months, then I said I'd start looking when he turned one...Finally I actually just went for it. There are a few reasons it took me so long to move on, first it's a smaller company than I'm used to, so it was a family and I was comfortable. Second, it was the easiest job I think I've ever had. So the fact that the pay was garbage made sense. By staying with the company I was short-changing my family and selling myself short.
Monday I start my new job. My first week is training in DC. I will miss my baby and husband sooo much! I'm going to be working for LivingSocial. If you don't already receive the LivingSocial Daily Deals emails, check it out. Sweet discounts for restaurants, spas, entertainment, ect and we're in most cities.
Besides the new job, we are also looking to move into a new house. Unfortunately, we can't sell our current home without completely loosing our ass. Our only option is to try to rent it out and keep it as rental property. It could turn into a pain in the butt, but worth it. We just aren't sure yet how easy it will be to get a renter at the price point we need to cover the mortgage. Assuming we are able to rent it out, we are looking at some killer houses! We are going to check one out this Sunday. It has a pool :) That's not on our "wishlist" but hell, if the house is cool, why not?
The big thing is, we need more space, more yard, and in a different area of the city. With my new job I work from a home office. I did that in the past but it was before Dexter. Now what was my office is now Dexter's room. I will be cramming into the guest room/Justin's office until we hopefully get a new house.
Our house will be listed for rent shortly after I get back from training.
Dexter is changing a bunch too! His cute new thing is bringing me a book to read when I sit on the floor, He finds a book, brings it to me, and sits on my lap to read it. Sometimes he even makes it through the whole book, haha.
He eats a ton! You would think he would be chubby, but he's a rail. He's only 22 lbs!
Here's an average day menu:
Wake Up- Soymilk
Breakfast-Mini pancakes, Banana, Yogurt, watered down apple juice
Lunch- mock chick salad sandwich, green beans, applesauce, water
Afternoon Snack- tortilla roll up, peaches, graham crackers, Soymilk
Dinner- 2 tofu dogs (chopped), dog bun, corn on the cob, sweet potato fries, water
Bedtime- Soymilk
He eats more food than I do, it's crazy!


3 comments:
hey lynn, we are leasing our house out using a property management company. i would suggest looking into that if you haven't already. they can help ease your mind by looking after the property and doing credit checks and reference checks on possible renters. that's what we're doing!
so exciting! good luck!
Hey Maggie, We looked into property management. We are just going to use the first part of the deal...them listing our property, helping us find someone and background check and stuff. Then we'll be collecting the check and doing maintenance when needed. It would just be too much of a fee each month for them to just collect a check, but we def need them in the beginning and then when we need new renters later on.
Post a Comment