First Haircut (One Week Ago)

Once again I'm super late with this update, and I don't have the really good pics from Justin's camera yet, but it's an update none-the-less.
Last weekend we made the trip out to Wilmington to visit Justin's side of the family and to get Dexter's first haircut. Justin's Grandfather, Dexter's Great Grandfather is a barber. He owns this old barbershop where he still works everyday. 
Dexter sat so still while getting his mullet cut off. There really wasn't anything to take off top, just the back, ha. He looks like little boy now, less like my little baby. 
Here's what's new with Dexter:
He's loving playing outside.
He says: Please (Pees),  No No, Hot, Milk
He has started throwing major tantrums when he doesn't get his way (Good times).

Me & Life Update:
My new job is keeping me super busy, but it's good and I like it so far. I'm a bit more stressed out, but I'm trying to keep it under control. I get most stressed out on weekday mornings when I'm trying to get ready for work while entering Dexter and getting him ready for school (the sitter's, we call it school). There are mornings where I just want to completely give up. 
The morning always starts off nice. I get up with Dexter and we watch cartoons, he helps me eat my cereal while he drinks his milk, and we cuddle. Then we head upstairs to get ready. Justin is still sleeping but I need to bring Dexter in the room.  Then I have two choices, both of which sux. 
First option, pack-n-play. Sometimes Dexter will play in his pack-n-play for a good 1/2 hr before freaking out because he wants to get out. Second option, let him run free in our room. This is what he wants to do, the problem is, even though our room is pretty much child-proofed I still have to chase him. And, either way after 45 min (about how long it takes me to get ready, post shower) he is cranky and whiny. Which makes me really frustrated because I'm not giving him the attention he needs and I end up looking like shit because I can't focus on getting ready either. (I'm in outside sales, I have to look decent, and feel good about the way I look.) 
Once I'm somewhat put-together, I get Dexter ready to go.... Then the morning goes on from there. 
My point is my life is hectic. Everyday feels like a marathon. Mornings are hard, I work my ass off all day, I pick up Dexter, get him home, fed, bathed, pack his meals and such for the next day, get him to bed, some nights head to Yoga class, other nights try to whip up something for Justin and I for dinner, work a bit more before bed if needed, wake up and start the marathon again.
All of that said, I am very grateful for my son that gives this marathon purpose, my husband that helps me stay sane, and for my yoga practice that balances it all out.

2 comments:

I Just Love You said...

maybe justin could try going to sleep earlier so he could wake up and take care of dexter while you get ready?

Lynn said...

Haha, good one. I've def tried to get that to happen.