Last week was my first week back at work. Hectic is the only word to describe my schedule now. Justin and I are still trying to work out when we each drop off or pick up Dexter. But, for the most part, it's been me because my work schedule is little bit more flexible.
In the morning I get up super early, between 5-5:30am, and start getting us both ready for the day. Dexter gets dropped off at the sitter's around 8-8:30. So, far he seems to have a lot of fun there. Her daughter, Madison, keeps him entertained. Most days I pick him up, but this past Thursday I had to work late, so Justin picked him up. I didn't get home that day until 9:30pm. I barely got to see Dexter at all that day :(
After we get home from the sitter's, I spend all evening cuddling him and making him smile. Except for those evening when he's extra cranky, we've had a couple so far. I think he was just getting used to his new schedule. After he goes to bed, I make bottles, and get our things in order for the next day. And, keep my fingers crossed that he'll sleep til 5:30.
Goals for this week: make dinner, go to the gym.
I miss him so much.
Here are some things I miss the most:
-When he stops eating just to smile or giggle
-Holding hands (I guess it's just a finger for me)
-When his little lip starts to quiver before he crys (and making him happy before it turns into a cry)
- "Talking" to him, having a "conversation"
-His smell
-Our 9am playtime (that's when he's most happy)
I still get to enjoy some of those things, but not as much as I'd like to. I feel so guilty being away from him. Every time I leave him with the sitter I feel like I'm giving my baby away. I think about him all day long.
I'm happy that at least I'm the last face he sees at night and the first one he sees in the morning.
Getting ready in the morning, waiting for Mommy to dress him!
This is his new favorite face to make. In his crib, ready to get up and play!




1 comments:
Wow. That must be really tough on you. You can tell how much you love him just by reading this.
Hang in there. :)
xo
Being mom is the best gift on earth!
Post a Comment