Working Mommy

Everyday I think about the what is good and what is bad about being a Working Mommy. I'm an obsessive list maker and I'm always weighing the pros and cons. So here is my list of positives and negatives for me as a full time Working Mommy...


-The obvious, I miss so much of his little life.
-I get worried that he may bond with someone else more than me.
-I know he's safe at the sitter's, but I don't really know everything that goes on.
-It takes 2-2 1/2 to get both of us ready and out the door in the morning.
-I do laundry pretty much every evening to keep up. 
-The house cleaning has to be done on the weekends, when I really need to be just spending time with Dexter.
-It's hard to find time for play dates. Dexter is in high demand, and we can only do weekends.
-I feel like some people may think I'm a bad Mom because I don't stay home with him.

 
(Ok, I thought these faces would be the same size, oh well.)
-Being out working, I feel like the old me.
-Lunchtime pedicures
-Contributing to financially
-Lunchtime errands
-Some days I work through lunch so I can go to the gym before picking Dexter up.
-Getting dressed up for work makes me feel better about myself.
-Dexter gets to socialize with other children.
-I get to be around other adults. (And, bombard them with pics of Dexter, haha.)

Over all, I know we are doing what's best for our family. In a perfect world, I'd like to work 2 or 3 days a week and stay home with him the other days, but I don't foresee that happening.  
I'm sooo thankful that he is such a good, relaxed baby. I don't know how I would be able to handle our busy schedule, if he didn't just go-with-the-flow, like he does.

Hanging with his best buddy Bateman.

Started using the high chair. He's such a messy eater!





0 comments: