A couple weeks ago Justin and I took a trip to visit our friends Chuck and Ivey in Reno, NV. Dexter stayed with his grandparents in Wilmington, NC (about 3 1/2 hrs away from Charlotte).
My In-Laws came to pick up Dexter on a Tuesday night. When they took him away it was a gut wrenching experience. I knew he would have fun and be taken care of, but it just felt like I was letting go of him forever. After they left our driveway, I immediately thought that taking a vacation was a terrible decision and that I was the world's worst Mother for going away from him. Hours later I calmed down. Every day that we were gone (away from Dexter Tue night through Monday night, almost a week!), we called and checked in on him. I could hear him in the background, playing and having a good time. Hearing his happy noises made me feel so much better about taking time for ourselves. Justin's Mom drove Dexter back to our house on Monday. Monday evening we got home late. Dexter should have been sleeping, but he just happened to wake up when we got home. We were so freaking happy to see and hold him. It was so strange, he looked different, bigger and older. I guess they do grow a lot in a week!
Onto our trip...and lots of photos...
We stayed in Reno, where our friends live. The first day we were there, we pretty much just chilled. Which was exactly what I needed. Jet lag, bad! Two of the days of our trip were spent at Lake Tahoe. It was so beautiful!
We hiked and enjoyed amazing scenery.
Picnic time! I'm always bugging Justin to take me on a picnic. Perfect setting...on the beach, the woods.
Chuck and Ivy...
Hiking...
Angora Lake...
We have a very funny story about Justin struggling to swim across this lake to jump off the cliffs, and Chuck swimming across the lake to NOT jump off the cliff, hahaha! You had to be there:)
Chuck is in the freezing cold water already, Justin is about to start the journey.
Outhouse...
And, shopping...
We had so much fun! I hated being away from my little guy, but it was good for us to get away and be just us for a little while.














0 comments:
Post a Comment