Ok, so I have been an incredibly bad blogger lately! I know I complain and mention this a lot, but it really comes down to lack of time. I always think about things I want to write about, photos I want to take, and not to mention I want to completely redo the look of my blog, but I have no "free" time. It's incredible how much free time you really do have before having a baby, even working full time.
Anyway... Last weekend was my Birthday Get-A-Way! We went to the mountains outside of Gatlinburg, TN. It's about 4 hours away from us. We stayed in an amazing cabin with a game room, theater room ,and hot tub. I am completely in love with that place! It was so nice to get away and relax. Our friends, Heather and Ian joined us. That's us pictured above. Those photo places were everywhere. Of course we went to the first one we ran into and got ripped off, haha. The clothes were pretty gross too, but it was worth the laughs.
Dexter spent the weekend with Justin's parents in Wilmington. It was very hard to leave him, but I knew he would have a good time. It was also easier this time because he left in the morning and he's really happy in the morning. Last time he got in the car for the long drive right at bedtime, he was tired and sad and I hated myself for letting him go.
Me before we rode on a Jurassic Park ride. I wanted to just stay in the cabin all weekend, soak in the hot tub and watch movies, but I didn't want to be a party pooper so I gave in and we did some silly stuff. It turned out to be really fun.
Soon I'll post the pictures we took of the cabin. We had an amazing weekend, but I was so happy to see Dexter Monday night when we got back. It's so funny how he looks different and bigger after not seeing him for only 3 days!
Here are some the things Dexter is doing lately:
-Saying: Momma, Dadda, Itty (Kitty), Ba-min (Bateman, our dog), Ball
-He climbs on everything, stands on everything he can.
-Starting to nicely pet the dog, still gets a little too aggressive with the cat
-Still won't fit into size 12 month jeans, his waist is way small.
-Points at things
-Gives high fives, shakes hands
-Gives kisses, almost gets "throwing kisses"
-Tries to do Itsy Bitsy Spider
-"Swims" in the bathtub on his belly
-Plays with his toys independently for 5-10 min straight
-Eats a ton. Some things he really likes now: mangos (all fruits really), Ravioli (Annies), Peas, Goldfish type crackers (Annies), LOVES cheese, but I try to limit how much he gets
-His mullet is getting a bit out of control.



0 comments:
Post a Comment