I only have 2 weeks left until I have to go back to work, and leave Dexter with the babysitter. I'm so sad about having to leave him. I feel like I'm going to miss out on so many smiles, and I may miss when he rolls over for the first time or other milestones. During his first month I was really stressed out and depressed. I thought that I just wasn't cut out to be a Mom.
As the weeks passed I became more and more comfortable with him and taking care of him. I know I'm not the best Mom, but now I know I can do it and I enjoy it. I would love nothing more than to stay home and take care of him, but it's just not an option for us. I'm cherishing every single moment I have with him right now.
So here's what Dexter has been up to lately:
He is learning to grab onto some of his toys. He's been very vocal, he'll "talk" for 10 or 15 minutes sometimes, it's hilarious. He still isn't a big fan of tummy time.
He had his 2 month check up this past week. The doc told us that he's spitting up a lot due to reflux (it seems like every baby gets this). So, we've started him on formula with rice in it. He also got his shots. It was awful, I've never seen him scream like that :(
Dexter is gaining weight at a good rate, he's up to 11 lbs, 1 oz. That's about average... he's still tall and skinny, ha.
This caterpillar is his favorite toy right now. He likes to grab and squeeze it. It makes crinkle noises.
Here are 2 projects I must tackle in the next two weeks:
My closet. It's filled with maternity clothes and pre-pregnancy clothes that I don't fit into yet. I'm going shopping this week to basically buy a new wordrobe, or as much of one as I can afford. Then I have to clear out and rearrange my closet... this will be quite a task.
Project #2 is catching up on Dexter's baby book. I've got a lot done, but I want to get it all caught up to 2 months, because I know I'll have even less time for things like this soon.







0 comments:
Post a Comment