Sweet Baby Dexter!




I really thought that by now my body would be totally back to normal. I thought wrong. I've been really focused on losing the weight and getting fit. (Well as much as my schedule allows.) I have between 3-5 lbs left to lose, depending on the day. I go to the gym 2 or 3 days per week and yoga class once a week. I do abs everyday. I'm pretty serious about watching what I eat. Yes, I'll eat pizza or some chocolate here and there, but for the most part I'm eating small healthy meals/snacks throughout the day. And, I never drink my calories. Only water, coffee, and tea. (But, that's what I did before anyway.)
I thought I was making such progress, only a few pounds left, my old clothes are starting to fit, I was finally starting to feel like myself again. Then yesterday a nice lady brought me back to reality. I was calling on a doctor's office for work, as I was talking to the lady at the front desk she asked "When is your baby due?", I replied "Six months ago". She felt stupid and, I left feeling like I had been punched in the stomach.
Obviously my efforts are not working as well as I had thought. Sure, I could've been slouching, or maybe it was the shirt I was wearing. Either way, I look pregnant.
I know, it takes time. I try to remind myself to be patient, but some days I just can't. I wonder if my stomach muscles are damaged or something?!? I see other women that do nothing and look great so soon after. Or the women that say "All I did was breastfeed and it came right off".
So, that was yesterday, I'm feeling a bit better today.
Today is our 4 year weddding anniversary! I have so much to be happy about, so I'll try my best to forget that stupid lady and her comment!


2 comments:
Lynn, you look awesome! Don't let some dumb lady make you rethink all your progress. You know you're a hot mama! I'm the fat friend now...remember?
What?! That is insane. I was just telling my husband how awesome you look and how jealous I am that you get to work out. I guess I should have told you in person, but this is me telling you in public, for all posterity :)
Post a Comment